When installing a new garage door, the first important step is to obtain recommendations from trusted friends or family members. With the technologically advanced world we live in today, you can also check online to find out more about the company, but eventually you should contactthe company directly. You can learn about their level of skills and trustworthiness by asking certain questions. In this blog, we’ll help you with what type of questions to ask.
Firstly, find out about the company
- What is their history? Are they a new company? If so, what experience do their owners have?
- Are they legal? They should have all necessary licenses and permits to work in your area
- Do they have insurance? This is absolutely crucial and every legitimate company will be fully insured
- Do they have a showroom where you can see and touch the products?
- What brands do they use?
Also, find out about past customers
Reputable companies will offer a list of references. These are past clients who have agreed to give their honest opinions about their experience. Ideally, these customers will be in, or near, your neighbourhood. You can also ask the company to provide details of past projects, such as photos of completed work and location of past work.
Thirdly, it’s important to know how they communicate with you
A good company will try to get the following information from you during your meeting. This will show you that they are actively trying to give you good advice about choosing a garage door.
They will ask about…
- Your size requirements
- Your budget
- The design of your house, so that they match the door style
- What functions, features and traits you need
They will offer…
- Different options at different prices
- A complete price quote including labour and equipment
- Access to a virtual design centre where you can design your own door and see how it will look on your house
Information about a full warranty in writing